Server Engineer is responsible for implementing, maintaining, debugging and optimizing code for numerous server-side systems. Examples of responsibilities include load balancing, logging, performance optimization, low-level networking and security systems. You have to work closely with other engineers and designers to make our products awesome.
- Work with team leads and designers to define server performance requirements for the developed products.
- Implement, maintain, optimize and debug code for different systems on the server.
- Improve software pipelines, working closely with other engineers, to increase overall team productivity.
- Facilitate communication between engineering, design, and other departments.
The programmer must:
- Possess knowledge of the most current C++/C# programming techniques.
- Have good knowledge of technology.
- TCP, UDP, HTTP
- Web security
- Understand test-driven development
- Load balancing algorithm
- Excellent debugging, optimization and networking skills especially in distributed / multithreaded environment.
- A deep knowledge of client/server systems, performance trade-offs, and best-practices.
- Strong experience building high-load server infrastructure.
- Have a working knowledge of FTP (file transfer protocol)
- Have strong verbal and visual communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Understanding of how to work on large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- At least 3-years??? related professional experience.
Nice to Have:
- MSc/BSc in Computer science
- Familiarity with Apache server is helpful
- Familiarity with Joomla!
- Experience in electronic billing system
Good Mathematics skills (A Level and above)
To apply for this position, please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.