Fortran programmer is responsible for developing highly mathematical applications in geotechnical analyses for three dimensional finite element software.
- Involves the creative development of existing products and new applications mainly on the Windows platform.
- Take part in the initial planning of software workflow.
- Incorporate a variety of different functions for solution module.
- Contact with users to discover the needs for further developments.
- Drafting technical specification for software projects.
- Update the software to remain current.
The programmer must:
- Possess knowledge of the most current Fortran programming techniques.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio environment, including Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Have good knowledge of stream input/output in Fortran.
- Have experience with Fortran/C# interoperability.
- Be conversant with dynamic storage allocation of arrays.
- Have a working knowledge of Message Passing Interface (MPI) and OpenMP.
- Have strong verbal and visual communications skills.
- Be flexible because they may be called upon to change their program.
- Be able to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and changing demands.
- Possess at least 3-years??? professional experience as Fortran Programmer.
Nice to Have:
- MSc/BSc in Computer science/Physics/Geophysics
- Experience in developing Scientific Applications
- Knowledge in Finite Element Method
- Good Mathematics skills (A Level and above)
Experience in Geotechnical Engineering
To apply for this position, please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.